Ive recently had a huge lifestyle change. I got a new job, got out of an unhealthy relationship, and my goals and purpose have become much clearer. This post is solely for the people who want to make an active change in their life and not live an average life. Now I know I'm not exactly Steve Jobs or Eric Thomas, so you might be thinking "why would I listen to her?" "What does she know?". These are just rules of thumb I follow that have worked for me and helped me stay in top of my goals and my life in general. I just want to share my knowledge and help others realize things to help them be BETTER.
I must admit I need to learn to not be such a control freak, but at the same time I love that I have control over my own success. You can too. You DO too. You just have to find that fire in you that knows that you're meant to do more than what you were told your whole life.
Here are some of the books I recommend (see last photo.)
I Will Teach You to be Rich by Ramit Sethi
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
How Successful People Lead by John C Maxwell
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR TIME
Here are some tips I follow that help me maximize every minute of my day.
01. Plan. Buy a planner. Write down everything you want to get done. To-do-lists, upcoming events, appointments, time to just relax, etc. & STICK TO IT!
02. Organize. This is a great time saver. Leaving you more time to do more important things than search through that pile of black clothes for that one black shirt or the pile of papers for last month's electric bill. I prefer to organize my clothes by category (long sleeve tops with long sleeve tops, jeans with jeans, jackets with jackets, etc.) Then, within the categories I organize by color. It makes picking out my outfits so much easier.
Organize everything to your own preference. Pinterest is a great place to explore some organization hacks to see what might work best for you. Follow my Organization board here.
03. Be picky. Realize that every minute you spend doing something that isn't helping you grow even a little bit, you are robbing yourself of progression. Dont feel bad to tell your friends or significant other that you can't hang out if you have more productive stuff to do. DONT alienate yourself though if you thrive off of those connections. Just be wise with how you give your time out.
04. Stay ambitious. Write down and calculate the number of hours you have for free use in an average week. Then allocate time for things you want to do that will benefit you. If you live in a city like I do, use your travel time to get some stuff done. Use every minute you possibly can to do something that you will be grateful for tomorrow, next month, next year.
05. Stay focused. DONT work your 9-5 then come home to eat sleep watch tv and do it all over again. That's exactly how you fall into the trap and become a societal robot. What you do with the time you have after work until the time you go to sleep is going to determine your progression personally, financially, and mentally.
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR LIFE
Here are some tips I live by that help me live a much more fulfilling life.
01. Just do it. Don't listen to the voice in your head that tells you not to do something. Unless of course it's harmful to you. DONT let that voice tell you that laying in bed watching Netflix all day is better than going out and making new connections and experiencing REAL life. Don't let fear stop you from doing ANYTHING. That's how you fall into the trap.
02. Step outside your comfort zone. A great man once said, "great things never came from comfort zones." And boyyyy was he right. Do something every day that makes you feel uncomfortable. Get comfortable with being Uncomfortable.
03. Love yourself. Before anything. Before you love anyone else. Before you wake up and before you go to bed. Always. Realize that you are unique and point out at least one thing you like or better yet, LOVE about yourself everyday. Write it down if you have to. Never ever ever let anything or anyone that is not you, make you feel bad about yourself.
04. Find your purpose. Is sitting behind a desk at a Doctor's office picking up phone calls or working in a corporate office where you can't even show your shoulders or knees really fulfilling you? Is that really what you were born to do? Stop lying to yourself just because you THINK you need to do what you're doing now so you can pay your bills every month. You're just scared. You're just lazy. Find that thing inside of you that needs to click and start to live a more fulfilling and purposeful life, whatever that means to you.
05. NO excuses. Too many people do this. Way too often. If you want to be rich (in every aspect) you need to realize that if it can be thought of, it can be accomplished. Then go accomplish it. Like Eric Thomas said, "You have to want success as bad as you breathe. Then you will be successful."
And remember, success does not mean climbing up the corporate ladder. Of course, getting a good paying job and a good promotion are great accomplishments and show that you are a hard worker. But honestly, wouldn't you rather be expending that energy to make your own dreams work rather than building up someone else's ?
06. Be open. In every way. Have an open mind. Try new things. Don't pre-judge. Have an open heart. No matter how many times or how badly you've been hurt. Learn to feel the pain then let it pass. Learn from it, and grow from it. Don't get bitter, get BETTER. If you don't stay open, you're only preventing yourself from true freedom and fulfillment.
07. Learn. Never stop. Knowledge really is power. Read a new book very week or two. Pick up a new hobby or another source of income. Watch some YouTube tutorials. Do your googles on anything you want to know more about.
I have always strived to be a very centered, aware, and conscious person. I learn so much everyday, and I also face challenges every day. I do NOT claim to be perfect, because perfection simply doesn't exist. All I want is to live a life full of fun, freedom, and fulfillment. Everything else will follow through.
I really hope you found this post helpful and actively use these tips to help yourself live a better life.
Thanks for reading!