You can never go wrong with an all black ensemble. Spice it up with a mesh hoodie over a lace bralette. I dressed this look down with joggers and Vans but if you wanted to elevate it you could throw on a pair of bootie heels and you'd look bomb af.
Now for the deeper stuff. I've been in a real dark place for the past year or so - since my anxiety really kicked in. Thankfully, I've learned how to control my anxiety much better and not let it consume me but I'm not sure if it will ever go away completely. It has made me extremely susceptible to other people's energy, not to mention I'm a natural born empath. That being said, I have learned that I need to be extremely choosy with the people I choose to surround myself with.
Anything that is not growing, is dead.
My anxiety has also taught me the power of patience and faith. Yoga and meditation help me connect with my inner self and balance out my hectic days fromm working in Manhattan to coming home to working more on Fashion Freeway and all the things in between. Growing up has been a huge challenge, mostly just finding the balance between maintaining a social life, eating well, making enough money to support myself, and still follow my dream to achieve financial freedom and travel the world.
I've recently had to cut people off that I genuinely care about, because they were only holding me back. It's safe to say it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But, I know it's for the better so I'm taking this time to really find myself and redefine life. New hair, new me? Maybe! haha.
Here's a list of things that being an adult has taught me so far.
- Pack your lunch if you want to save money.
- Open up a savings account for long-term goals and one for short-term goals.
- Apply for a credit card with great rewards (I have a Chase Sapphire Preferred card with travel points which I will be using to fly to Jamaica basically for free!)
- Treat your body great - after all you have to live in it until you die.
- Eat well
- Meditation is key
- Cow's milk is disgusting and is not meant to be drunk by humans
- Patience will get you far in life. Very far. (I'm working on that every day)
- Speak your success into existence. Once you see it, it already exists all you gotta do is get there.
- Every setback is a setup for a major comeback (like Fab said)
- Death is inevitable so appreciate everyone you have in your life and let them know it.
- It's ok not to be ok sometimes. We need those moments to find clarity. Just make sure you pick yourself up and keep moving.
- Be a good person. In every way possible.
- You will have to be the one to reach out to people first most of the time if you want to keep a relationship with them. (I've had such a challenge with this bc I'm really bad at keeping in touch with people and if they don't hit me up first I feel like they don't care so in turn I push myself away. I'm still learning.)
- Medicine is meant to keep you sick, not to help you get better.
- If you want something, go get it. By any means necessary.
- This society is really not meant to help people get ahead and find their true potential. We're conditioned since birth to become these brainless robots who follow the status quo. The people who make their own path either end up famous or dead. There really isn't an in between.
- Keep your heart open. Don't let any external factors alter your happiness and your willingness to love and connect with people.